Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Overwhelming Love of God



I love this famous painting! It is a beautiful depiction of God reaching out to touch the hand of man. I was once fortunate enough to even tour the St. Peter's Basilica and see it in person. Recently though, this image has taken on a whole new meaning to me because of the profound observation a wonderful fellow missionary made.

As I've thought about God's love in my life, I've found that I can relate it perfectly to the picture of God and Adam, as can we all. One thing that we are constantly talking to people about is the immense love that our Heavenly Father has for each and every one of us. We are all His precious sons and daughters. As a perfect being, God's love for us is perfect. He is a perfect parent who knows us perfectly.

Look at the painting. Note how God is fully stretched out, reaching as far as he can to touch the hand of man. Adam however is just laying there, slouched over passively reaching to grasp the hand of his Father. I feel like this is the experience of many of us! God reaches out and does everything He can for each and everyone of His beloved children. If you are not feeling the love or influence of God in your life, all we must do is make a tiny effort to come closer to him. Communicate with Him! If we make the changes in our lives to align our actions with His will, I can promise you will feel  the influence of His Holy Spirit in your life and you will more fully feel God's love! It's my hope that we can all reach back to grab the hand of our loving Heavenly Father. I'm grateful that because of His overwhelming love, we don't have to reach far, but as we come to Him, we will all feel the wonderful joy that will come into our lives!

I know this to be true, because it has been my own experience and I know that all are entitled to these blessings of His divine love. 1 Cor. 10:13 - "God is faithful."

No comments:

Post a Comment